Friday, October 10, 2008

Keeping up with the Joneses

I've decided I can no longer hold my ground. I've succommed to peer pressure by actually creating a blog. Fancy music has not yet made it in but I'm sure its only a matter of time - the matter being that my sisters have to decipher what the artists and titles are of the songs I like as I cryptically try to hum the melodies to them.

Plus also, (that is a connector commonly found in the Junie B. Jones grade level 2 books I frequently read) the real nail in the coffin came when Scott promised Zach $5 if he could score a goal at his last soccer game. Zach apparently was in great need of liquid cash and, considering Scott to be a man of his word, took him to the cleaners. Zach's triumphant game ended with no less than 3 goals. Afterwards, Zach proudly asked Scott to pay up and Scott told him "If you can tell me what 5+5+5+5 is I will give you that much money." Zach is a smart first grader. I'm not sure why Scott thought he could trick Zach with this addition problem but needless to say his plan was instantly foiled. "Twenty!!!!" Zach screamed with delight as he realized he had hit the jackpot. It was a red-letter day for Zach!

Later that day I was cleaning the kitchen and was putting away the crayon mess. I noticed Zach, who never colors, had created a beautiful piece of artwork that I just couldn't put in the recycle. It says, "HApe socRa DAy. ZAch I Git 20 BUX" with two very smiling orange stick figures next to a soccer goal and a couple of soccer balls. How could I resist?

It really was the deciding factor for me. I decided I had to find a way to remember this and determined to put the "blogging" question at last to rest. So, yes, we are keeping up with the Joneses!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the club, Jill! I'm so glad to have you on board!

Grandmother Brown said...

It is a wonderful blog. Poor Josh! I hope his mouth is better.

Grandmother Brown

Alli grins said...

Yea! I absoultely love that your cute Grandma wants to read everyone's blogs! Go Grandma Brown and thanks for motivating Jill & Scott to begin blogging! I love your blog already:-) Zach's soccer picture is hilarious and I think you'll go broke if you offer that boy money for motivation!