Thursday, June 18, 2009

Marathon Man - No Really - He Really Is a Marathon Man


4:19
Yes, he ran his first marathon in 4:19. It was really exciting and fun. We drove up to Utah on Thursday and he spent Friday acclamating. The weather was beautiful and so was the scenery. It felt great to be so close to the mountains. And even though it really has been a mild summer so far here in AZ, I felt an immediate difference in how I felt with my pregnancy being in a cooler climate.

Anyway, Saturday morning the big race began up by Deer Creek Resevoir. He ran from there over to Utah Lake and then ended up at Provo Mall. The kids saw him make the curve to the finish line and ran up to him, turned with him, and ran through the finish line with their banners and everything. It was really cute and fun to see how excited they were.
Look, its after the marathon and he's still standing!


Well, sort of. But he earned it, right?

Congratulations, Scott! I am a proud wife and now Scott is already in training mode for his next marathon - St. George in October. Any lodging ideas? I am the travel agent if anyone has tips.

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Now, that last picture is how I remember Jarad after his first... because I MISSED HIM AT THE FINISH LINE. I am such a lame wife. I had four hours to get there and I still missed him!

Great job Scott!

The Richardsons said...

Jill!
I found you from Jen & Kyle Carter's blog. Fun for me! Now we will have to have a drive to Prescott to visit them--and we'll bring Shawna Brady, and Scottie, Ryan & Benjamin to hang out with Colton! San Antonio playgroup reunion in Prescott!