Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve

The days are flying by and I can't believe we are already more than halfway done! On Christmas Eve, we went and visited Lazarus' Tomb. We then went into Jerusalem and visited some of Kent and Gayle's old friends. Followed by some falafels and schwarma's for lunch and then we walked home. As soon as we returned home, we got ready to drive out to Sheperd's Field to sing Christmas Carols with the branch here in Jerusalem. We watched the sun set and then saw the only star that night rest directly above the church that celebrates the Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Scott thinks its hilarious to snap a picture of me every time I am awkwardly trying to "discreetly" nurse the baby in public. I will be off on my own trying not to attract attention when I hear a snap and a blinding flash of light and there is Scott laughing his head off. Here I am falling victim to his great joke.
Following the songs, we drove into the King David District (the Scottsdale of Arizona) because Kent and Gayle had been invited to participate in a televised Christmas Program. It was a beautiful musical program that all of my kids' and the Clegg kids' bailed out on halfway through (It was over around 9:00 p.m.). It was a very long and unusual Christmas Eve but the kids were fantastic.

No comments: