Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blessing Day



Today has been a spiritual feast for me. We blessed our little daughter Lily. My mom fixed the blessing dress I wore as a baby so Lily could wear it and the blanket is a Bethlehem Blanket from my mother-in-law. I am so very grateful for Priesthood blessings in my life. What a beautiful way to begin life - with a blessing from her father surrounded by men who love her and love Heavenly Father.
I wanted to be sure and put pictures of Lily up today for family and friends that couldn't be with us. I have especially missed Gayle. Its the first baby blessing she has missed in our family. I guess we can make an exception (ONLY because she is on the other side of the world serving a mission) but there is a void without her and a pang in my heart. I wish she could have been here.
As you can see, she is beautiful and I am loving the time I have with this little baby. The kids are so sweet and gentle with her. She is the icing on the cake to an already fantastic bunch of Brown kids!

4 comments:

Larsens said...

she sure is cute! i cant believe how big your family is! it hit me when i saw you all on the couch. dad said it was a really special blessing. we thought about you guys today. wish we could have been there. love you

Mary-Sunshine said...

She is so beautiful! I wish we were there... She looks like she has red hair in some of the pictures...I just LOVE her!

erin said...

What a beautiful baby...and family!

Pluperfect said...

What wonderful pictures. I thought about you all day. I'm glad you missed us. We can hardly wait to see Lily in person.